header

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

New Slang

grunge
Soft Grunge festival fashion
 90s grunge


(Albertus Swanepoel for Target Hat/ PacSun Crop Top/ La Lune Vintage Flannel/ DIY Vintage Shorts)

 The only bummer about styling vintage pieces for my shop is I always end up wanting to keep them. Luckily the initial sadness is soothed by knowing that someone else will have as much fun styling them as I did. Not only that but they'll be able to call the piece there own, and avoid the detachment that is often felt toward clothes you know you are not going to be able to live in time and time again. 

This outfit totally plays into my continued mini-obsession with the 90s. And although the song I chose with this look isn't actually from that era, it still gives off that depressive "everything sucks" vibe that the 90's seemed to dig so much.



6 comments :

  1. Cute outfit, that's cool you have your own shop. I would feel the same way about styling pieces, I don't know how you part with anything!
    xo
    Tiffy
    Blog: CuteLA.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it's actually an etsy shop as opposed to a brick and motor store. It's hard, but after I style & photograph them I try and put them out of site so I don;t think about them. It really is a good feeling though when someone purchases them.

      Delete
  2. I know what you mean, seeing someone purchase something you love can be kind of fulfilling in a weird way! love the flannel and the crop top :)

    -dorkyisthenewblack.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Knowing the item will be worn & loved always makes it a bit easier.

      Delete
  3. I love this look! It looks so good on you!

    By the way I nominated you for the Liebster award (http://sarahchristinestyle.blogspot.com/2013/05/liebster-award.html)!

    - Sarah Christine
    SarahChristineStyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete